Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What's on the Easel


The painting I am presently working on is titled “Pepper Falls” 24X30 oil on lead primed canvas.  This painting is being done from a piece of reference I took on a recent trip to Teton National Park in the Bridger Wilderness.  We were hiking up to an overlook called “Crow’s Nest” at an elevation of 10,000 feet.  On the way up I was scampering around looking for photo opportunities when after shooting I noticed I had lost a nice pair of sun glasses.  Later that afternoon after hiking all day I decided to look around at the location where I last remembered having them on the outside chance I would find them.  I did not have much hope.  However, our guide, who also happens to be a Sheriff in Jackson Hole, had his drug sniffing dog on the trip with us.  Her name is “Pepper” and as I pulled off the trail to give it one more look before heading into camp I asked Pepper to come help find the glasses.  Sure enough she led me right to them.  That is where I got the title for this piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments